- One in, one out - To avoid an overcrowded wardrobe, and to force you to think more carefully the next time you buy something, remove and discard one item from your closet first before adding something new.
- Arrange by height - On your vanity, organise your perfume bottles by height – tallest in the back row, shortest in front – so you can see them clearly. Store fragrances in a cool, dark place away from humidity.
- Have a bird's eye view - Don't chuck your favourite accessories in a drawer. Put them on display and you'll use them more regularly.
- Pair like with like - Sort your clothes into categories – for example, sleeveless, short-sleeved, long-sleeved – then organise each group by colour.
- The smart hanger trick - Turn all your hangers around so the hooks point towards you (yes, the "wrong" way around). After you wear something, put the cleaned item back in the cupboard with the hook facing the "normal" way. In six months, any hanger still facing the wrong way represents an item you haven’t worn and should be donated or discarded.
Learn five more quick and easy tips from our feature article on Her World here!