why i did it
honestly i just did it because debby is my friend. i didn't think it would be too difficult since i feel i find myself wearing the same clothes most of the time. and i thought maybe this would be an interesting way to be more mindful of what i wear (maybe i could be more fashun???).
what was involved
initially i wanted to pick out all 33 items but figured it was better if i just went along the days adding items. i kept a list of my 33 items in my iphone notes, which helped to keep track of the number of items, and also to pair items together.
i took OOTDs to document my different outfits which i shared on ig stories and people did get curious about the #333challenge!
how it went
at first we had thought activewear and pyjamas were included but thankfully it was not because i ended up sleeping in my underwear for a good week (to save on my 33 items being used!!!) before we found out that activewear/loungewear/pyjamas don't count for the challenge! although debby still made me count my BLACK HAIR TIE.
i tried to dress up more than my usual self by including a pair of low heels, a skirt, a couple pairs of pants (that were not even stretchy, which is my usual go-to), and an oversized blazer. i even incorporated a trend i wasn't sure about - biker shorts - but ended up loving!
otherwise there were still a lot of my "comfort" items, such as my shorts (though i already picked the nicer ones) since i am still WFH so i don't have to dress up nicely most of the time.
it was exciting at the start of the challenge having to pick my first few items.. then towards the middle i had to do laundry more than i would have liked to. towards the end i finally picked out the last two items in my last week because i couldn't decide!
- i would say the challenge didn't turn out too difficult for me since i am still WFH
- i had several activewear days when i didn't have to don a proper outfit
- i didn't have to incorporate business casual attire (though some of my outfits were definitely office-appropriate!)
- there were still more combinations of outfits i didn't get to during the challenge!
my 33 items
- xiaomi mi band (fitness tracker)
- alo hair tie (which i lost and replaced with a hair tie from hai di lao, which is honestly my favourite hair tie)
- flower ring (for my index finger, which is good for me according to my fortune teller)
- cotton on port shells earrings (on hindsight, maybe not a great idea cos there were open hoops and my mask kept getting hooked onto them)
- ASOS black camisole top
- uniqlo white shorts
- anothersole paloma shoes in fog
- cotton on white pleated top
- uniqlo grey belted smart shorts
- uniqlo maroon pleated skirt
- aldo bucket bag
- universal standard seine high rise skinny jeans
- grana green racerback camisole
- taobao (haoduoyi) white shirt
- haiwaiian shirt from hawaii
- cotton on white felicity slides
- iora polka dotted top
- ASOS green paperbag pants
- cotton on light purple blazer
- cotton on dark green dress
- cotton on mustard woven margot slip dress
- hush puppies beige heels
- uniqlo light grey wide leg pants
- taobao (haoduoyi) navy jumpsuit
- cotton on green ginny lightweight anorak
- BITW handmade rainbow earrings
- forever 21 blue pencil skirt
- lululemon black wunder train biker short
- h&m green basic top
- uniqlo blue tee
- uniqlo hawaiian print top
- uniqlo blue blouse
- uniqlo green ankle pants
- good way to be more innovative in mixing and matching outfits
- find out which clothes i love/have great use for, i.e. most items i picked for the challene
- find out which clothes i miss, i.e. the items i wanted to wear during the challenge but couldn't!
- and find out which clothes i don't seem to miss at all, i.e. the items i should get rid of
- know that you really don't need that many pieces of clothing to thrive in life
- had to do laundry more often
- can't wear as many "spontaneous" outfits that you know you don't want to (or can't) rewear during the challenge period
would i do it again?
i wouldn't do the exact same challenge (unless i am moving abroad for 3 months with only one suitcase!) since the rest of my clothes were neglected but i am inspired to start a new challenge. i am attempting to wear every single piece of my wardrobe in 6 months (not counting seasonal and occasion wear), and anything that doesn't get worn during this period gets sold or donated!